09 December 2008

**Homemade Holiday**

I am a novice sewer/quilter. I love to create quilts but haven't yet achieved the level of sewing excellence that I would like to have...My nine patches are still a little wonky and my triangle squares are just a little off. But I still decided to make some gifts this year. First up, a small quilt that is about 16" x 16" to use as a table topper. I used a Mary Engelbright charm pack to create the squares and I bound it like a regular quilt. I really like the results...I think it turned out okay:

This is the front.


This is the back.
So, I don't think its too bad. And my co-worker seemed to really like it.

The other thing I tried was to just trim out some flour sack towels. I used a Moda Merry & Bright charm pack to do this. Then I made a couple of little trivets to match. I love the Moda Merry & Bright fabric...its just so cheerful. I am pretty proud of these items. And my other co-worker seemed to like them, too!





So, slowly but surely, I am moving toward my goal of becoming a more-than-competent seamstress.

No comments: