22 December 2008

OMG Its CoLd!

Its cold. Not like cold that my mom is experiencing in Northern California (ohhh...46 degrees, not that!). When I told my mom how cold it was here yesterday (12 below) her response was "Farenheit????" No, mom, KELVIN! Of course farenheit! Its unbearable...Its stay-in-the-house, hide-under-a-pile-of-blankets, cold. Its dry, bite-you-in-the-face cold. This morning, I looked at the thermometer on our porch and it looked like this:

I am from New England. I am used to cold. But not this cold. Its ridiculous. I've lived in Wisconsin for about 15 years and it DOESN'T GET EASIER! I am done with Wisconsin. I am done with this kind of cold. Done. It seems that every year, I get bummed out by the cold earlier and earlier.

And it keeps snowing! Damn weather pattern, mother nature, whatever. We have snow coming out of our ears...


Its only December. Yesterday was the first day of Winter. What is going on here?

Stay warm and go on out to enjoy the day!

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

heh, Kelvin.

When I finally dragged myself out from under the covers this morning, the sun, such as it is, had been up for about 1/2 hour. It was "up" to -9º. Beats -12º though. Move to Vermont, it's warmer. Just as much #!%& snow, though.

jen said...

Vermont is on my list...because even though its got tons of snow and cold like here, its at least close to my friends and family. And there are mountains and hills and trees there, which there are few of here...so its on my list!